The Audit Manager, Corporate Compliance Audit is responsible to provide environmental and health and safety compliance audits and support to management and staff of the various facilities within Company operating groups, including auditing the regulatory compliance performance of facilities and reporting findings to compliance leadership, legal leadership, and executive management, as necessary, working with senior management in operations, compliance and health and safety to communicate best management practice (BMP) requirements and improve regulatory compliance in order to achieve the Corporate “Zero Deficiency” goal, designing and implementing a comprehensive compliance assurance program in accordance with Federal, state, local, and provincial laws and company policies and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage and be a strong contributing member of the Compliance Audit Team - support and execute the audit schedule and draft report findings for the audits of the Company facilities and waste tracking and disposal.
- Support general effectiveness of regulatory compliance initiatives by conducting comprehensive audits for the Company including at operational facilities and branches to verify compliance issues are fully communicated and understood by local management and operational personnel.
- Communicate significant regulatory issues to the Director / VP of Compliance Audit and the Chief Compliance Officer, as necessary. Support follow-up activities to verify that regulatory compliance is achieved in a timely manner.
- Prepare audit reports for the Director / VP of Compliance Audit, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Chief Operating Officer and Chairman’s review, as required.
- Recommend EHS improvement programs and solutions to regulatory challenges, based on proven successful practices.
- Implement and participate in corporate compliance initiatives; providing guidance, expertise and research when needed.
- Conduct special investigations as requested by General Counsel and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
- Support development of site specific and task specific SOPs/BMPs as needed for uniform implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate regulatory guidance and clarification/interpretations of Federal, State, and Provincial regulations are provided for effective compliance coverage throughout the Company.
- Facilitate and participate in external audits of facilities; review written audit reports for submittal to corporate headquarters; assist in RFP and budget approval process.
- Prepare audit reports and maintain workpapers and related supporting documentation in accordance with professional standards.
- Maintain strategic relationships with Federal, State, Provincial, and Local regulatory agencies to provide a “corporate presence”; Understand regulators issues and concerns, and promote goodwill.
- Participate in staff development (training, guidance, technical support) with compliance audit staff to maintain the tools and skills to be effective in the position.
- Support the delivery of a comprehensive compliance assurance program in accordance with Federal, State, Local, and Provincial laws and company policies and procedures.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors in Technical or physical science field;
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations including: EPA (RCRA; SARA/CERCLA; TSCA; CWA and CAA) OSHA and DOT.
- CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager)
- CEA (Certified Environmental Auditor)
- OSHA Certified
- 5+ years’ experience with EHS Regulatory Compliance related experience including management.
- Superior personnel management, administration and communication skills.
- Computer literate and have proficient written and oral skills.
- Win Web experience preferred.
- Must be available for frequent travel (including overnight) to facilities as well as for meetings and assigned tasks.
- Ability to travel 50%
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.