The MIS Project Manager is responsible to direct and manage project development from beginning to end, including defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents, and communicating project expectations to direct manger, team members, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Experience with PMBOK and PMI principles
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Gather business requirements working with the business sponsor and development team.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Gather and maintain an overall list of the company’s system enhancement priorities in designated area of responsibility
- effectively communicate project expectations to direct manger, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Act as liaison with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments to support project demands if necessary.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver requirements documentation and presentations in conjunction with Business analysts.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project postmortems to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelor degree in Business or Technology
- Expert in Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MS SQL SERVER and Team Foundation Server a plus.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Work in groups and be able to manage multiple teams
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously. Result oriented with a focus on delivery and quality. Able to deliver project on time and under budget
- Read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Good knowledge in managing both SDLC and Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.