Clean Harbors in Newark, CA is currently seeking an experienced Working Foreman. The Working Foreman is responsible for overseeing a team of Refinery Operators in the field to maintain the desired operating parameters within the refinery.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
Perform all assigned tasks ensuring that safety is the number one priority. Perform all requested duties and maintain an advanced understanding and in-depth knowledge of the Re-Refinery process, Primary Logic Control Systems, control room, production operations, shipping, receiving and waste management practices. Complete all training and certifications as assigned, maintain current certifications as needed. Complete day-to-day operational tasks, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a clean work area, including all office areas, control room, locker rooms, tank form, tower, parking lot, and rail spots;
- Following the direction of the shift supervisor or plant manager handle all plant operations; ensuring any necessary adjustments and maintenance to the plant are completed by the operator, senior operator, or qualified personnel;
- Provide oversight and operational guidance as directed by supervision to the plan operators and maintain a thorough understanding of their duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure the PLC facility control room is monitored 24 hours a day;
- Direct and handle all inbound and outbound tanker, route truck, or railcar traffic including the processing of all shipping and receiving paperwork;
- Complete the control room logs on an hourly and as needed basis including the Hourly User Log (computer), Operations Logbook, Transfer Log, and Hourly Production Log (paper);
- Oversee all sampling of inbound UMO, facility processes and products including but not limited to UMO, VGO, process water, diesel, light ends etc. Monitor and track all laboratory analysis and ensure samples meet established facility guidelines;
- Assist or perform any necessary or requested preventative maintenance in the facility including dry vac and pump PM's;
- Assist in the training of new employees;
- Ensure operators and other personnel follow all established sampling procedures for the tanks, railcars and the facility;
- Operate equipment as needed- forklift, manlift, etc.;
- Communicate any problems or issues found with the Shift Supervisor or General Manager;
- Input work tickets for all equipment that requires repair and perform or direct the necessary repair if possible;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as directed or needed;
- Come to work ready to work at shift change, clean shaven in compliance with OSHA fit test and Clean Harbors respirator policy, steel toed boots, fire resistant coveralls, hard hat and safety glasses;
- Utilize proper PPE for the assigned task to include, but not limited to the following: steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hats, gloves, hearing protection, rain gear, Tyvek coveralls, etc.;
- All other duties as assigned by supervision.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 3+ years of refinery operations experience preferred;
- Previous supervisory experience preferred;
- Valid driver’s license required.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.