Clean Harbors is looking for a Groundwater Supervisor, internally known as a Facility Operations Supervisor, to join their safety conscious team! The Groundwater Supervisorwill be responsible for the operations of the Groundwater Group; supervision of personnel; and related regulatory compliance.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Supervises environmental/groundwater monitoring and remediation activities.
- Participates and/or coordinates field testing/sampling.
- Manages and organizes the activities of Groundwater Group personnel.
- Oversees regulatory and safety compliance as it pertains to groundwater operations.
- Maintains records and prepares summaries and/or reports. QA/QC for groundwater database management.
- Coordinates the preparation of regulatory reports for various groundwater programs. Ensures report accuracy and timely submission.
- Assists consultants in conducting projects related to groundwater monitoring, remediation, and hydrology.
- Provides information for, and reviews, project monitoring reports.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and interfaces with Procurement to ensure the timely ordering and receiving of equipment and supplies.
- Prepares capital requests for large or special projects.
- Maintains qualified, trained staff to effectively perform required groundwater monitoring, remediation and recovery services to Clean Harbors Deer Park.
- Provides leadership within the department for implementation of the requirements specified by the Clean Harbors Deer Park Quality Assurance Plan.
- Remains current in scientific advances and all Federal, State, and local regulations regarding groundwater monitoring and remediation by reading scientific journals, legal bulletins, and trade magazines, and by attending seminars or conferences.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, preferably with a degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, or Environmental Science.
- Graduate studies are desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of groundwater monitoring, environmental sampling, and/or remediation experience in an industrial RCRA, CERCLA, or DOE/DOD setting.
- OSHA HAZWOPER training with annual updates preferred
- P.E. or P.G. License (TX) or the ability to obtain one
- Current knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements regarding groundwater monitoring programs at RCRA facilities.
- Good management skills to direct and control the groundwater group and effectively interface with applicable plant and regulatory personnel.
- Must be able to become thoroughly knowledgeable in Federal and State regulations regarding the monitoring and remediation of groundwater. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here
to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.