The National Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of all assigned National Transportation company drivers and Owner Operators. Located in Eastern Canada they will identify the capacities of the existing fleet in an effort to maximize equipment utilization and will know the capabilities of each location assigned to this business unit, as well as position equipment as needed to ensure best customer service.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the administration and management of all Clean Harbor’s company policies, Transportation Compliance and Clean Harbors Health and Safety guidelines;
- Investigates incidents, accidents and injuries and reports findings to the assigned manage;
- Responsible for all Drivers, hours of service, paperwork completeness, time off requests, equipment assignments, training, discipline and any other necessary items that could occur pertaining to a Driver’s regulatory or employment within the National Transportation business unit;
- Utilizes Clean Harbor’s electronic systems, including but not limited to hand held devices, GPS tracking systems, worksheet and payroll systems, P-card administration and trip and dispatch measurements;
- Has understanding of all 40 CFR and the 49 CFR regulations that will impact the business of Transportation and implements all policies and techniques and industries standards to maintain transportation compliance;
- Makes recommendations to the assigned manager regarding the services needed with all assigned equipment at each National Trans location reporting to this business unit;
- Ensures that all terminals under assigned business unit comply with company maintenance policies and adhere to all Federal or State compliance regulations;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business;
- Required to carry a cell company cell phone at all time.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred;
- 3+ years of administrative experience;
- Bilingual (Fluent in French and English);
- Transportation experience preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of profit improvement;
- Accuracy of system and report information;
- Good organizational skills and detailed orientated.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.