The Sourcing Manager is responsible to manage sourcing initiatives within specific categories of spend and thus under the direction of and in conjunction with the VP and/or Director of Procurement to develop and execute overall category strategies and tactics to support the needs of the business.
This includes collaboration with business partners to assess internal requirements and external market conditions and to develop appropriate business solutions, to manage sourcing activities to optimize cost, quality and customer service while supporting company business, and to provide functional expertise and leadership to implement best in class sourcing strategies that drive bottom line results.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Partner with the Business to manage vendor performance and ensure the achievement of cost savings as well as delivery and quality goals
- Assist the Field in tactical sourcing initiatives when the need arises for immediate vendor selection
- Analyze spend to identify opportunities to better manage spend and deliver cost savings
- Participate in the development of the annual sourcing plan and on-going identification of cost savings opportunities in selected categories of spend
- Assist in the development and execution of sourcing strategies in the assigned category/commodity area(s) of spend to support corporate, business unit, and procurement objectives. Operate within a defined strategic sourcing process to achieve results
- Partner with the Business to manage select vendors within assigned category to ensure required performance to meet the needs of the business. Work with the Business & Vendors to identify continuous improvement opportunities around cost, quality and delivery
- Participate in the development and execution of negotiation strategies. Ensure that all terms and conditions support the company's needs and are aligned with market conditions to deliver the best overall total cost of ownership
- Prepare analyses as required on market, vendor, cost drivers, spend etc. to support the identification of cost savings opportunities for the company
- Conduct "one-off" tactical sourcing initiatives as needed by the business to achieve "better" cost, quality and delivery
- Meet with Business partners to understand needs moving forward and opportunities to impact cost.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPSM/CPM , CPIM Certification preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills in organization, problem solving, analysis, decision-making, collaboration, communication, project planning, project management and delivering results.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Ability to work in team and manage projects
- Ability to complete other duties as assigned
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.