Our Edmonton, AB location is currently looking for a Red seal certified Electrician with 3 years minimum experience, to join our maintenance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electrical equipment in our camps, water and wastewater treatment systems. In addition to ensuring all work is in accordance with relevant codes, the candidate will also be responsible for performing preventive maintenance, implementing PM programs, and completing yearly fire alarm system verifications in our lodges.
This position is a full-time employment, 14 & 14 Rotation, Camp work.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Supplied company vehicle
- Supplied standard PPE and Coveralls, with boot allowance
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as Multimeters, Meggers and thermal imaging, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Trouble shoot faulty systems and find solutions in a timely manner
- Assemble, install, and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, pumps, motors, appliances, and fixtures. Including floats, flow meters, level sensors, and pressure sensors.
- Understands blueprints and wiring diagrams to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Install and test Data and communication systems
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing inside designated partitions, walls or other concealed areas and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Appliance and kitchen equipment upkeep
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous and diagnose malfunctioning systems to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
- Mentor site laborers in addition to registered apprentices, as required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Red Seal Certification
- Fire Alarm Ticket required
- Understanding of Electrical code, as it applies to the above
- PLC knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of Wastewater treatment and Water treatment facilities an asset
- 3 years as Journeyman Electrician
- Strong comittment to the team dynamic.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.