Our Clean Harbors/HydroChem Branch in Ashtabula, OH is looking for a Environmental Field Service Supervisor who is responsible for the direct supervision of Field Service Foremen, CDL Drivers, Equipment Operators and Field Technicians including ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and job requirements (budget and schedule) are met.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Enforce the policies and procedures as they relate to Health & Safety as measured by the districts health and safety record; Work closely with the Director of Health and Safety and VP of Site Services in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Meet with customers as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending complaints or issues.
- Participate in joint calls with specialists as needed and maintain a professional image when dealing with customers.
- Maintain up to date confined space supervisor and emergency response supervisor certifications
- Manage large scale field service and emergency response projects when directed.
- Understand and work with the Coordinator in the communication of manpower, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
- Act as the on-call coordinator on an as needed basis.
- Oversee projects for Health and Safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism
- Health and safety issues surrounding projects assigned, including reviewing operational procedures to assure correct health and safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health and safety organization regarding onsite specific action.
- Respond immediately when on-call or secure proper coverage, and communicate replacement name to supervisor/manager.
- Enforce and ensure OSHA, EPA and H&S standards or regulations are complaint.
- Timely reporting of work-related accidents or incidents to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience in environmental field service operations.
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred.
- Emergency response training preferred
- CDL preferred
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 6-5 with on-call rotation responsibility.
- Knowledge of scoping and pricing field service work.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Ability to understand issues and resolve/address strategically
- Understanding of Corporate Safety & Compliance Policies
- Basic understanding of Clean Harbors business systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations
- Strong customer management, leadership and supervisory skills.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.*CH