The Project Manager is responsible for overall operational excellence and client satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client communication and support, prepares quote proposals/cost estimates using technical expertise, creates health and safety documentation, grows existing business while also looking for new opportunities to expand the Clean Harbors footprint within the market. Environmental Projects include but are not limited to; tank cleaning, remediation, excavation, turnaround and facility closures, demolition, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response. This individual manages multiple projects daily and is a crucial role for the operation and success of the Branch.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always
- Ownership of assigned accounts to drive customer relationships and growth
- Conduct site walk-throughs and scopes potential projects for clients to effectively provide cost estimation quotes, technical proposal preparation and client support
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement
- Set-up projects, coordinate resources and assists Field Service Coordinator with scheduling
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding customer needs
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner keeping them abreast of all information relative to the project
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses
- Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager and Sales Team
- Responsible for each project’s operational excellence, health & safety, change order management, purchase order procurement and customer satisfaction
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
Skills and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work
- Ability to work in a high demand, fast-paced, fluctuating, deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of equipment
- RCRA, OSHA and DOT compliance proficiency preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.