Clean Harbors is looking for a Transportation Compliance Specialist to joing their safety conscious team! The Transportation Compliance Specialist reports directly to the Director of Transportation Compliance and is responsible for ensuring regional activities involving transportation via highway, vessel, rail, air and cross border is conducted in strict compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and local requirements.This position does require the successful candidate to be on call and work overtime as required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP’s with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Provide technical support on transportation related issues to all lines of business: ales, site services, technical services, industrial services, BPS, National Transportation, facilities and the training group;
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with federal and provincial regulatory agencies in the Canada, the USA and/or Puerto Rico (as applicable);
- Conduct announced and unannounced inspections at Clean Harbor facilities and service centers to review compliance related operational components that include but are not limited to: vehicle maintenance files, driver files, transportation related permits/authorities, equipment readiness, driver vehicle inspection reports, time keeping records, manifests, load preparation and condition, and other related transportation records & equipment;
- Prepare and assist facilities/service centers for audits and regulatory inspections (e.g. TDG site inspections, MOE inspections);
- Audit & inspect third party transportation subcontractors utilized by Clean Harbors;
- Assist field-based transportation coordinators and general managers with the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures and related management tools (Electronic Logging Devices, Trip and Dispatch Workbench, etc.) relative to transportation compliance;
- Assist Corporate based Transportation Compliance Department with issues and questions relating to driver, vehicle & facility transportation issues and Carrier Profile Scores;
- Participate in the incident/accident/roadside inspection investigations and implement corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and delivery of transportation related training modules;
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of Federal, Provincial, and State and Company transportation related regulations and policies.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Transportation, Logistics, Environmental Science, or comparable area of emphasis) or a college diploma in a related field including law enforcement preferred;
- Experience with driving dangerous goods can be considered in lieu of formal education;
- 3+ years of compliance and/or driving experience;
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, and Provincial Transportation (TDG, MOE, CVSA etc.) regulations and standards;
- Must be willing to travel at minimum 50% of the time, which includes overnight travel;
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, and Provincial Environmental regulations;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Proven strong ability to investigate and assess Transportation and Environmental incidents;
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work independently and in teams;
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.