Clean Harbors Dolton, IL an environmentally friendly Waste water plant, is looking to add several Process Operators to their team! These team members are responsible for completing all assigned tasks such as distillation, filtration, and blending within units at the facility. Entry level position that requires NO TRAVEL! We are looking for dedicated individuals to work night shift. This is a unique opportunity to learn interesting Chemical Processes – company provided training!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime opportunities;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Offloads inbound tankers and performs distillation instructed by the laboratory;
- Sampling of trucks to laboratory;
- Completes daily checklist as required for proper operation of the Distillation units;
- Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues with the Distillation units immediately upon discovery;
- Assures Distillation units are never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is not consistent with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ensure that the processing unit is operating according to the issued guidelines and process specifications;
- Decants material pumping off excess sludge, also does a washout of still between batches to ensure no cross contamination;
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and scores satisfactorily on quizzes;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements, as well as scanning applications;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ensures, understands and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment;
- Maintain accurate Logs / run sheets;
- Monitor tank levels while in process using gauges and PLC monitoring equipment checking high level alarms and pumps;
- Understands Clean Compliance Standard;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Education or equivalent
- 0-2 years experience in an operations environment, willing to train;
- Ability to work weekends, day and night shift, and on call as needed;
- Process Operations/Chemical knowledge is an asset but not required;
- Forklift operating experience is an asset but not required.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.