Our Tacoma, WA location has an opening for a Receiving Chemist I. This position will be responsible for lab pack coding/processing; drum receiving/coding, and shipping of waste materials.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages with opportunity for overtime;
- Comprehensive health benefits available;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures;
- Calibrates and utilizes lab instrumentation required to run basic analysis;
- Completes all paperwork associated with analysis and drum sampling;
- Ensures all work meets QA/QC guidelines;
- Responsible for proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures;
- Assures all drums are properly final coded for routing and billing according to protocol;
- Assures all drums are assigned to the proper disposal process and/or outbound profile;
- Responsible for proper management and shipment of all drum and bulk outbound shipments;
- Loads and unloads inbound and outbound van shipments;
- Proper housekeeping and best management practices;
- Performs job in compliance with Clean Compliance;
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or Equivalent required;
- Hazardous materials handling an asset;
- Previous forklift and warehouse experience;
- HAZWOPER as asset.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.