The Wastewater Treatment Operator / Operator Processing will be responsible for offloading tankers and performing treatment on bulk loads of wastewater by adding chemicals as needed and other waste water treatment operation, such as operating a filter press or centrifuge. We are searching for a reliable and safety-oriented individual to join our team in Bristol, CT!
Hours: 5:00am to 2:00pm - Monday to Friday with ability to work rotating Saturday schedule.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Hourly Pay; Time & ½ after 40hr)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Performs treatments on tank loads as prescribed by the lab either using liquid additions or dry chemicals
- Safely operate filter press or centrifuge to separate solids from liquids
- Operates forklift to either move product chemicals around, hoppers of filter cake, or drums of waste
- Operates other heavy equipment as needed: yard horse to move tankers, skid steer for moving hoppers, heavy duty forklifts, roll-off frame, etc.
- Pumps drums via direction of lab
- Collects waste samples whether in bulk or drummed by following proper PPE guidelines. Requires clean shaven as respirator is full face and requires clean seal
- Completes and submits associated paperwork for regulatory and safety record keeping requirements
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Housekeeping of areas as needed
- Uses pumps and hoses routinely to move wastewater. Periodically helps with maintenance of pumps by cleaning out any built up solids
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Ability to operate forklifts and other heavy equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.