Safety-Kleen Brewster, NY is looking for a Lead Material Handler to join their safety conscious team! As our Lead Material Handler, you will be responsible for completing all assigned warehouse duties in a safe and responsible manner. You will work with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations; and follow all Safety-Kleen policies and procedures.
- 1st Shift, Monday-Friday
- Opportunity to obtain a company sponsored CDL
- Growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Paid Company Holidays, and Vacation
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Unload route truck containerized waste in evening and reconcile waste;
- Reload route trucks with supplies and equipment for next day’s runs;
- Stock warehouse with materials after Distribution Center truck arrival;
- Prepare waste loads for shipment to Recycle Center/Distribution Center;
- Daily facility inspections;
- Supervise third party bulk liquid transfers and blending;
- Inventory count at warehouse;
- Manage inventory order and receiving process;
- Keep warehouse clean; good housekeeping skills;
- Flexibility with other duties as required.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Experience in a physically intensive role is preferred;
- Previous warehouse work experience is an asset;
- Attention to detail needed and follow specific instructions;
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with Hazmat and Tanker at a later date is an asset;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at times;
- Computer and basic math skills;
- Valid Drivers License is required;
- Forklift driving skills is an asset;
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.