Clean Harbors is seeking a Director Sales Operations - Strategic Sales Initiatives. This role will report to the SVP, Sales Operations and is primarily responsible for working with Sales Operations team, IT and Sales organizations to lead projects and initiatives for the Sales Operations team that are aligned to the company’s objectives and strategy. This role will support all business segments, each with varied goals and objectives, and drive standardization and predictable outcomes within all Sales Operations projects. This role will own and drive global processes that impact commercial teams, systems, and tools that the Sales Operations function has oversight of. This role will drive governance, standardization and compliance to customer master data rules and processes that the Sales Operations function has accountability over. This includes creating, maintaining, and enforcing best-practice policies, processes, tools, reports, metrics, and training for the sales organization with regards to projects, initiatives, and customer master data governance, to ensure the achievement of predictable performance in projects and integrity and compliance in data throughout the sales organization.
The incumbent will oversee the successful execution of projects and processes that are owned by the Sales Operations team, articulating strategy and objectives, defining metrics, defining, and assessing project and processes health to ensure alignment with business objectives. In addition, they will develop and lead the governance and compliance to the customer master data rules for systems, tools, and processes that are overseen by the Sales Operations function. They own the communication and change management of processes and projects. They are a trusted advisor to the business, a critical partner to technical teams, and serve as a strategic leader within the Sales Operations organization. The successful candidate will be able to seamlessly shift between strategy and execution, while rolling up their sleeves to respond quickly and with a sense of urgency. They must simplify complex business asks and develop clear business requirements used to improve technology, sales processes, and customer master data flow.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Own, lead, and manage projects and initiatives for the Sales Operations function, from initiation to operationalization, including Salesforce CRM projects;
- Lead cross-functional teams of the Sales Operations, Sales, Information Technology, Service, and Executive leadership to deliver on-time, on-budget, predictable projects and initiatives aligned to business goals and objectives;
- Meet with business partners and managers to discuss business objectives, coordinate and lead business process improvement strategies with internal stakeholders;
- Analyze the efficiency and costs of existing business processes, systems, and tools, and make sound recommendations for improvements;
- Identify, understand, and document existing gaps in technology that aren’t aligned to business processes and flow. Drive discussions and create a coalition of support to implement improvements of technology applications overseen by Sales Operations;
- Create, maintain, and test business requirements for all Sales Operations projects, processes, and initiatives through project completion;
- At project completion, maintain S&OPs for all Sales Operations systems, processes, tools, and data flows. Communicate and advocate for compliance to S&OPs to the broad commercial organization and technical support teams;
- Create, and maintain process maps for sales processes that flow through systems Sales Operations have oversight of. Work closely with technology teams to translate and validate business processes and requirements to technical solutions;
- Lead the mapping of customer master data through Sales Operations systems, processes, and tools. Make recommendations for improvements that streamline the productivity of Sales and improve data integrity and quality in our systems;
- Create, maintain, and monitor the data load governance process for data changes in Salesforce. Test the process regularly to ensure there are no gaps that create issues downstream with other functions;
- Develop and maintain a governance model for customer master data for the systems, processes, and tools the Sales Operations team oversees, with the goal of reducing friction, noise, and inaccuracies in data;
- Monitor and analyze customer master data flow to ensure the sustainability and viability of critical sales systems, tools, and processes;
- Ensure that sales training for systems, tools and processes is up to date and is administered to the field sales organization and commercial users;
- Communicate critical issues (large and small) to improve process adherence and compliance of the commercial team to established governing processes proactively to critical stakeholders;
- Ensure appropriate level of process and data governance across impacted stakeholders and commercial users;
- Lead M&A integrations for the Sales Operations team, coordinating with stakeholders across the team to ensure the accuracy and sustainability of acquired companies;
- Oversee offshore analysts supporting the associated projects and initiatives;
- Develop bench strength among analysts to become independent project leaders for smaller, business segment specific projects.
- Project and Initiatives Leadership: Partner with the SVP, Sales Operations, the Sales Operations, Sales, Information Technology, Service, and Executive leadership to deliver on-time, on-budget, predictable projects, and initiatives aligned to business goals and objectives. Analyze the performance and adherence of projects and initiatives to continually improve the functions’ ability to deliver value to critical commercial stakeholders. Develop and implement a project management methodology that can be utilized by all stakeholders, as well as strong communication plans to promote employee awareness, understanding, and engagement.
- Data Governance: Lead the development and implementation of the processes, protocols, and tools required to establish, communicate, and successfully manage customer master data governance within the systems, tools, and processes that Sales Operations have oversight of.
- M&A Integration: Build an agile and efficient integration framework for acquisitions. Lead the Sales Operations team through additional acquisitions as they occur.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Proven Project management skills, organization skills and strong time management skills to ensure adherence to projects and initiatives. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at the same time;
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of detail orientation with proven change management capabilities;
- Ability to work well independently and lead through influence;
- Experience working with various cultures, functions, and backgrounds;
- Ability to think strategically in a complex, ambiguous environment;
- Highly collaborative with an ability to work across multiple organization levels, territories, and partner with cross-functional teams;
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency;
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and quantitative skills;
- Experience with M&A due diligence and integration;
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience required; (MS / MA degree preferred);
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion, and sound business judgment;
- Experience leading Salesforce CRM ecosystem projects within an enterprise or global organization;
- Experience developing and producing training documentation for CRM users;
- Experience delivering systems or tools training material in multiple formats to commercial users in an enterprise or global organization.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.