The Billing Services Representative reports directly to the Billing Supervisor and is responsible for managing and maintaining the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of monthly billing in accordance with customer specifications and company policies and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Generate reports including, but not limited to Unbilled, Ready and Not Ready reports from the Win system, manifests, and worksheets; Review the data and verifies that correct prices populate the order before posting preview.
- Research customer requests to solve problems/issues and answers questions regarding invoices in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Calculate discounts when required.
- Review instructions, profile, and waste class detail to determine if conversions need to be done to get the correct unit measure for the customer.
- Crosschecking and reconciling scanned worksheets, manifest, weight tickets, billing items and printing of invoices and the corresponding backup documents.
- Interface with sales and customer service frequently in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compute daily billing totals for both invoiced and previewed orders and provides billing statistics upon request for special projects.
- Cross-train in other areas to ensure coverage in the case of illness, vacation, etc.
- Interact with other departments to resolve billing issues and assist in getting jobs set up correctly to avoid future problems.
- Stay current with electronic mailing of invoices to customers; Keep the workbench updated.
- Complete credit/rebills in timely manner.
- Complete and submit any special documents and/or reports that customers may require accompanying or replace invoices.
- Require mandatory overtime during week and weekends during billing close or special projects.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma required; Associate’s or bachelor’s preferred
- 1+ years billing or related work experience
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong math skills and basic accounting knowledge
- Strong PC skill including Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess and utilize problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner to meet dynamic needs and high-volume productivity standards.
- Ability to use independent judgment when reviewing orders and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment. Works with audit team to correct errors and resolve problems.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.