The Opportunity - SIGN ON BONUS - $5,000!!!
As a Diesel Maintenance Mechanic (Sulfur, LA) you will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive hourly wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, inspections, and routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery on heavy duty/diesel trucks.
- Perform DOT inspections and corresponding repairs
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely in yard as needed
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts.
- Performing routine physical labor duties
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2 years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and specialized equipment preferred
- Ability to perform a 90-day BIT inspection.
- DOT required
- Experience with air brake systems
- Must have own hand tools
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Ability to safely operates gauges, forklifts, shop truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
- Basic welding and light fabrication skills a plus
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Basic computer skills, ie the ability to enter maintenance data on a work station
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.