Location: Deer Park, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Category: Equipment Operator
Job ID: 112491
Vapor Control Management (VCM) “Equipment Operator” Basic Job Description
Vapor control operators operate thermal oxidizers, vapor combustors, and carbon vapor control systems. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain vapor control equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and calibrate analyzers. Maintain clear and concise logs of all maintenance and calibrations.
• Move and set up equipment at job sites.
• Monitor emissions from frac tanks and other refinery equipment under HPC Industrial care.
• Review all applicable paperwork ensuring proper completion.
• Track carbon change outs and usage and manage liquid media on site.
• Ability to operate HCPSC vehicles and equipment
• Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client’s requirements.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork.
• Trains Technicians and Operators on-the-job in equipment operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
• Operates all necessary equipment in the vapor control service line in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
• Estimated 70% out of town travel required. Project durations 1 to 3 weeks.
• Utilization of the LPS Safety System in all aspects of operations.
• Follow all DOT guidelines for hours of service.
• Maintain logs without error.
• Employee is on time and prepared for work.
• Maintain compliant calibration records.
• Paperwork and MSS form feedback is quick and efficient.
• Employee responds with a sense of urgency to instructions.
MUST Have Transportation Worker Identification Card prior to interviewing and hiring
• CDL with Class A, is not required but preferred
• Compliance with MVR policy
• Compliance with Drug policy
• Compliance with Background checking policy
• Compliance with DOT physical requirements
• Possess BASIC Safety Council Reciprocal Card (not required, but preferred)
• Possess all required I-9 documentation
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 1 year of plant work experience (not required, but preferred)
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to conform to work hours
• Operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks in job processes
• Ability to complete all paperwork
• On Call 24/7, ability to report to work within 1 hour of notification
• Ability to work various shifts as needed.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.