The Environmental Field Service Sales Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that all jobs performed by a Branch are properly scoped, quoted and executed safety and efficiently to meet the clients' expectations.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for business development, maintenance of customer relationships and the scoping and quoting of projects/jobs
- Responsible for the proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment for assigned work.
- Manages large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
- Directs personnel in the operational procedures and requirements to complete field service planned projects and emergency responses.
- Works with the Field Service Coordinator or Branch Manager in the communication of the manpower, equipment and resources required to complete scheduled and emergency response projects.
- Participates in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Ensures proper communication with the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services. Validates project progression status and that change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Responsible for health and safety adherence and any issues surrounding projects assigned. Responsible for reviewing operational procedures and assuring correct health & safety plans are in place. Communicates effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Interfaces with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Responds immediately when on-call or secures proper coverage and communicates replacement name to the supervisor/manager.
- Documents competitive issues and conveys findings to management.
- Maintains, in proper working order, any assigned Company equipment.
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2-4-year degree in environmental studies (preferred)
- 3+ years field service operations experience (required)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Field Service work.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance (strongly preferred).
- Excellent communication
- Excellent presentation Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching
- Requires lifting; up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH