Clean Harbors Retail Team has an exciting and high energy opening for Sr. Hazardous Waste Program Specialist (known internally as Sr. Program Specialist). This role manages overall support of large-scale and complex customer accounts and oversees and directs key customer and internal projects. This person will make and execute recommendations to improve program performance and efficiency and initiates and implements solutions to resolve customer and program issues. They will provide high-level technical support to team and field and leads in resolution of complex issues. Also, they will provide leadership within team on customer experience and internal best practices and promotes a positive and motivated work environment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages overall support of large-scale, high-revenue ($10mil+) complex customer accounts and oversees key internal and customer projects. Acts as day-to-day liaison between customer and CHES, champions customer needs and requests while balancing with best interest of internal stakeholders, effectively communicates customer needs and requests and set realistic expectations with customer. Leads discussions with internal senior management / VPs on customer issues / feedback, conducts QBRs and other customer meetings, and faces with most senior customer representatives.
- Provides high-level technical support to field and team on SOPs, hazardous waste, profiles, and packing and shipping requirements. Works with internal training team to identify issues and training needs. Leads team in resolving complex and high-profile technical issues.
- Monitors performance indicators across platform, makes recommendations to improve program performance and efficiency, and works with internal teams to enhance and streamline processes and procedures.
- Generates customer reports utilizing advanced Excel expertise within agreed upon timelines and prepares special reports and analysis on trends and growth for QBRs and other customer meetings.
- Collaborates with Logistics and local teams on service schedules, cycle changes, project scheduling, missed services, and other scheduling requirements as needed.
- Ensures all paperwork (BOLs, manifests, worksheets) is received in a timely manner to ensure customer compliance.
- Adds or works with internal teams to add all profiles, gens, parts, surveys, no waste forms, pricing, contracts, etc. into the system. Ensures all parts and pricing are linked to ensure seamless service execution.
- Provides leadership within team on best practices, promotes positive work environment, and mentors junior members of the team to ensure the overall success of the program.
- Develops onboarding roadmap and strategies to facilitate and streamline customer onboarding processes. Ensures new account managers are appropriately trained and positioned to provide optimal account support post onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1-3 years hazardous waste experience in field or related office position;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Hazardous waste experience and expertise, communication, organization, time-management, problem solving;
- Previous field or related office experience is required to successfully fulfill requirements of position.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.