HydroChemPSC is looking for a Specialty Mechanical Services (SMS) Sales Specialist to join their safety conscious team. The SMS Sales Specialist is directly responsible for the profitable revenue growth for an assigned line of business and job types through the sale of industrial services. This position will be handling our wastewater treatment services.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Revenue growth in the particular line of business as assigned. Revenue growth must meet target Company goals and must be consistent from year to year, including meeting and exceeding outside revenue expectations on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- Must be the go-to person for the specific line of business within the assigned geographic territory or region. Knowledge includes but is not limited to technical knowledge, market knowledge, company service and operational capabilities, and an in-depth understanding of competitors and their capabilities;
- Establish an in-depth knowledge of competitive pricing, market rates, and market dynamics to assure an acceptable win rates at acceptable margins;
- Work with Sales leadership and others in formulating, developing, prioritizing, and implementing market strategies, market penetration, and business goals and objectives for assigned job types within the specific line of business;
- Attend Business Development Meetings, Regional Sales meetings, and conference calls to maximize communication to local Specialists and Account Managers regarding technical expertise, line of business/enhancements, value proposition, and competitor updates as needed;
- Ensure that a specific business development strategy that includes a plan to clearly define each customer’s non-price value proposition is developed and employed. Ensures that the decision-making process around each opportunity is fully assessed, and that substantive discussions with all decision-makers are conducted with the objective of influencing the decision-making criteria;
- Maintain focus on all opportunities to cross-sell other Company services. Communicate any evidence of customer or prospect need for to the appropriate Company sales agent. Utilize existing relationship to create access to account contact(s) for other Specialists and/or Account Managers;
- Work closely with the Corporate Sales and Marketing organization to ensure all Fact Sheets and White Papers are up-to-date and posted in the Sales Library. Generate additional marketing information as needed;
- Communicate with all local Business Development agents (Specialists and Account Managers) regarding specific line of business capabilities to ensure that the Agent can effectively communicate advantages we provide versus the competitors’ services;
- Communicate in advance to a salesperson or business development agent any plan to contact or call on a customer or prospect owned by said salesperson or agent; Assist with significant job scopes and customer appointments as necessary;
- Maintain company/contact information and document all sales calls, customer visits and business opportunities in Salesforce.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 5+ years of environmental industry experience;
- Experience with hazardous waste or wastewater treatment highly preferred;
- Working knowledge of business development, revenue enhancement and market penetration required;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills;
- Customer Service orientated;
- Subject expert for their product line (wastewater treatment and services);
- Consistently utilize Salesforce to manage and up-date assigned accounts;
- Negotiating skills required;
- Ability to travel locally as required, 40%+with occasional overnights.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law.
HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.