The Contracts Counsel is responsible for overseeing the contract review process including participation in the setting of policies and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Participate in a contract review process including participation in the setting of policies and procedures
- Negotiate, draft and review various agreements (including customer and vendor contracts) and proposals for Company operations in US and Canada.
- Review and assist Company personnel in addressing bid and contract disputes, draft correspondence to customers related to bid and contract disputes and advise sales and operations personnel on risks associated with projects and how to structure contracts to minimize risk.
- Conduct phone and live training to Company personnel on contract policies and review procedures. Provide training, guidance and feedback to coworkers in contract review procedure and best practices.
- Monitor, manage and modify contracts on a regular basis taking into account changes to the law, industry and/or business practice. Periodically review and revise Company standard contracts and draft contracts for specific situations where a Company standard agreement cannot be use or is not applicable.
- Draft, review and negotiate access agreements for access to third party sites.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks involving the Company.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- JD degree with admission to the Bar (preferably Massachusetts).
- 0-1 years corporate, commercial and contractual legal practice experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Strong PC skills, knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or ongoing direction
- Able to perform multiple tasks
- Able to work with short lead times
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Westlaw a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.