This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Deer Park, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2022
Job ID: 110737
The Manual Machinist is responsible for producing machined parts by setting up, and operating Drill Presses, Mills, Horizontal Lathes, & VTLs; maintaining all quality and safety standards; keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies. The Manual Machinist may also plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock and verifying receipt of stock.
* High school diploma or equivalent GED is required
Skills and experience:
* 3 – 5 years machinist experience in a job shop or production environment required
* Prior experience with set-up and operation of lathe CNC machines is a plus.
* Prior Auto-Cad experience a plus.
* Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
* Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
* Maintain specifications by drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
* Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.