Please be aware this job is up to 25-50% travel as needed in the entire US. 90-110k base w/ 15% Operations Bonus
The Remediation Field Project Manager is responsible for interfacing with customers and customer representatives to successfully execute projects.
Our Project Manager positions provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale site projects. Each day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your planning and communication expertise to lead site characterization and remediation-related projects. This position will allow you to manage Transportation and Disposal (T&D) projects and support project activities. As a Project Services Field Project Manager, you will spend a majority of your time in your interfacing with Clean Harbors sales and operations team member’s, customers and customers agents and engineers. You may assist and support other projects in the U.S. and Canada.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and SAFETY is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Serve as Project Manager for the Project Services Group.
- Self-starter to coordinate planning, project staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety and organization of vendor/contractors, subcontractors.
- Manage, arrange for and oversee large, technically and regulatory complex projects involving waste loading, handling, transportation (truck, rail, marine, etc.) and disposal activities of various classes of waste streams.
- Prepare required reports, including proposal, cost estimates, work scopes, manifests, bill of laden, inspections, project status reports and other documentations required of a particular project.
- Managing transportation (truck, rail, marine) and treatment and disposal activities for customer projects.
- Prepare and submit site status and regulatory compliance reports as required.
- Has ability to review and interpret tech specs, logistics and disposal plans, and drawings.
- Develop and expand business opportunities.
- Assist with closing ongoing contractual relationships and large project opportunities.
- Assist with financial tasks, billing, budgets, forecasting, and period closures.
- Be intimately involved in scoping, risk assessment and pricing of all waste projects, assuring proper margin is quoted and goals attained.
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Assist with credit and collections issues as it relates to work generated within the business unit.
- Provide project management services and support regionally and nationally.
- Capacity to multitask is important, such as managing several ongoing projects concurrently.
- Ability to provide timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates.
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance. Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Enforce the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety as measured by the district's health and safety record; Work closely with or unit in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Document all aspects of the T&D action and compiles site data required to characterize the nature and extent of contamination, the hydrology and geological statigraphy of the disposal site, and the environmental receptors that may be affected.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines preferred.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated Project Management experience in environmental remediation or site construction.
- Cost estimating experience and ability to develop and present Project Change Orders.
- Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong environmental remediation background and experience.
- Computer literate and fully proficient in Windows-based business software including Word and Excel.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal silks.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites.
- Ability to travel for extended periods.
- Ability to perform site survey work and/or general construction tasks (concrete placement, piping, etc), a plus.
- Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.