The Senior Director of Incentive Compensation Administration is primarily responsible for working with Sales Leadership to design sales compensation plans aligned to company objectives and strategy. This role supports incentive plans for 2500+ employees in 10+ business units, each of which have varied goals and objectives. The Senior Director of Incentive Compensation Administration will lead all aspects of Sales Operations compensation administration and support for the Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen businesses. This includes creating, maintaining, and enforcing best-practice policies, processes, tools, reports, metrics and training for the sales organization with regards to commission and bonus plans, to ensure the achievement of sales targets and the continuous improvement of sales performance and productivity by using compensation as driver of behavior.
Responsibilities include leading all day-to-day activities required to maintain the company's sales compensation systems and for effectively measuring and reporting sales payments to ensure alignment with the growth objectives of the business.
**Must have the ability to commute to Norwell, MA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Own, lead, and manage the sales bonus, commission and variable compensation design cycle for all departments within the go-to-market organization;
- Work cross-functionally with the Sales Planning and Finance team to ensure proper tracking and reporting of all territory and quota changes;
- Monitor and analyze sales compensation plan effectiveness and present to Sales leadership, Finance, and Operations teams;
- Work with the SVP of Sales Operations to ensure that revenues are recorded and reported by Vertical, Segment, Geography and LOB, to allow the company's business strategy to be fulfilled;
- Maintain functional responsibility for sales-related activities associated with creating, maintaining, and enforcing policies, practices and tools for sales and sales operations support;
- Implement best practices surrounding sales productivity improvements to ensure alignment with compensation plan components;
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance activity of the company’s compensation system (Callidus) to ensure data integrity and the required visibility throughout the sales hierarchy;
- Administer and measure the Sales Compensation Analyst team performance with formal personnel recommendations to Sales Operations management. Develop and maintain ongoing Sales Operations compensation personnel interview and hiring protocols;
- Ensure that sales compensation training information is up to date and is administered to the field sales organization;
- Communicate pay-out issues (large and small) to improve sales manager discipline and coaching capacities including monitoring Performance Improvement Plans;
- Recommend and support sales-related special compensation, commission and spiff programs by working closely with the field sales leaders to develop and model each program and track the results accordingly;
- Work closely with the MIS team to ensure that the compensation system (Callidus) works in tandem with other back office systems. Identify areas for enhancement to automate sales incentive/bonus programs and improve system performance and the productivity of Sales Operations analyst personnel.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors’ Degree required;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar position. Strong knowledge of Sales Compensation and Commission Plan designs and administration is required;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong presentation skills. Extremely organized with attention to detail;
- Ability to translate financial and statistical data into understandable terms for line managers;
- Ability to organize action items into ongoing and sustainable programs;
- Ability to understand an issue and address/resolve it both tactically and strategically;
- High degree of integrity;
- Ability to influence at all levels and across multiple organizations. Technical competencies in Sales Best Practice, CRM systems implementation and training, and maintaining data integrity across multiple systems.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.