Clean Harbors is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Laporte, TX at our Deer Park location. This position will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance and repairs on our company fleet, which includes both heavy and light duty equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Disassemble heavy equipment to examine or repair parts and then reassemble
- Determine cause(s) of heavy equipment malfunction and correct by performing needed repair/replacement of damaged/worn parts or components
- Service heavy equipment air conditioning systems
- Use oxyacetylene and MIG welding processes to repair equipment
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems on heavy equipment
- Perform routine equipment inspections, ensure all needed repairs are completed, and correct defects when noted
- Must be respirator certified and have necessary HAZWOPER training
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years’ experience with light to heavy duty maintenance and repair
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred.
- ASE certification preferred