Clean Harbors in Hamond, IN is looking for Equipment Operators to join their safety conscious team! Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain equipment in accordance with appropriate regulations, equipment specifications, and in line HPC company policies, practices, and procedures.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and HPC policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Maintains a current driver’s license, or CDL as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations..
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Skills and experience:
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver’s license when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Must be willing to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.