InSite Technician - CA_West Sacramento
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: West Sacramento, CA, United States
Date Posted: May 20, 2022
Job ID: 111669
The Floating Hazardous Waste Technician is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling, packaging and proper disposal of hazardous waste at customer sites. The successful candidate will travel during the week to various client locations throughout the mid to northern California area and home every Friday. Must have 40 hour Hazwoper prior to starting (can assist in obtaining the hazwoper certification).
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our # 1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, mileage reimbursement, and hotel per diem
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform required treatment, storage, and disposal facility inspections to ensure State/Federal compliance and maintain appropriate facility records.
- Perform a wide variety of waste management activities, often wearing PPE (coveralls, respirator, hearing protection, etc.) to collect, package, label, identify, segregate, consolidate, treat, store, and verify hazardous, non-hazardous, and low level radioactive waste.
- Operate and clean wastewater treatment systems and retention tanks, perform pump-outs, and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Perform testing (pH, visual etc.) and sampling of waste to verify characterization and/or treatment results and operate radiation survey instruments to obtain radiological data.
- Operate a variety of vehicles and use material handling equipment (fork trucks, drum handling equipment, mechanical pump systems, etc.), and use hand and power tools.
- Gather, analyze, and identify problems and record basic pertinent data and information on radioactive and hazardous waste through interactions with personnel from RHWM (Radioactive and Hazardous Waste Management), Chemistry, Environment, Safety, and Health, and laboratory programs in order to properly characterize and manage the waste.
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed.
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Class C license with a reliable vehicle.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA, HAZWOPER preferred.
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface with customers.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video! Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.