Vehicle Maintenance Foreman - Houston TX
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 24, 2022
Category: Automotive Maintenance
Job ID: 111483
As a Vehicle Maintenance Foreman / (Shop Foreman), you will be a supervising mechanic responsible for the general operation of the asset refurbishment workshop. This includes vehicle upfitting, custom fabrication, component installation, safety, inventory management, employee supervision / mentorship, record keeping, and maintenance of computer systems.
SIGN ON BONUS: $7,500.00
- Actively manages safety within the maintenance workshop and completes required safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conduct daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company safety policy.
- Assign work to other mechanics and update status of Repair Orders
- Perform all required maintenance and repairs to various types of tank truck assets.
- Supervise, train, and mentor maintenance personnel, and any registered apprentices in the shop, as required.
- Monitor employee development and conduct performance reviews.
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork such as electronic Repair Orders, Inspections, facility permits, and Inventory Cycle Counts.
- Respond to internal customer service calls and discuss maintenance and repair decisions with internal customer, inventory, and asset management as required. All updates submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure repair times are met and assets are manufactured within scheduled timelines.
- Able to adapt in a changing environment and communicate priorities to the Planners, customers, and asset refurbishment management.
- Monitor all hub /spoke assigned assets to ensure superior working condition, current PMs and DOT/State inspections as well as meeting business needs. Maintain ability to place assets OOS when needed.
- Maintain budget guidelines on materials, supplies, inventory, fleet maintenance repairs, fixed costs, and overtime.
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times. Report all hazards and near misses as appropriate
- QA/QCs will be performed on repairs completed in assigned workshop.
- Responsible for completing any required training. Ability to participate in professional development training and seminars.
- 6+ years of experience with light to heavy duty maintenance and repair
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- JPRO Diagnostics experience is a plus
- Computer experience is a plus
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Must have own tools