Hydrochem is looking for an Field Service Estimator to join their safety conscious team! The Project Estimator (known internally as a Supervisor IS) is responsible for supporting and enhancing customer service and satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client support, and prepares proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include tank cleaning, sampling, disposal, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response services.
Why work for Hydrochem
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support.
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Set-up projects; is covered by the project coordinator, this position is only to estimate/quote and set up the jobs in WIN)
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
- Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism.
- Ensure proper communication to the supervisor/project coordinator to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Hydrochem?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Hydrochem, Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.