Location: Oregon, OH, United States
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022
Job ID: 111382
The LDAR Monitoring Technician, using an analyzer and electronic data recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned route within an industrial facility. The Monitoring Technician is also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and process leak tags.
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Skills and experience:
* Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
* Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.
* Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
* Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
* Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
* Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities a plus.
* Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities.
* Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and electronic data collector.
* Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
* Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
* Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resources, constraints and company values.
* Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
* Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately monitored and reported.
* Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations arise.
* Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
* Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports– must have basic computer knowledge.
* Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
* Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
* Performs other duties as assigned.