The Senior Environmental Compliance Manager manages day to day regulatory functions at Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen operating facilities.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Conduct formal and systematic reviews of the facility to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for environmental affairs and health and safety.
- Identifies problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
- Advises corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities regarding environmental regulations.
- Applies for original permits and maintains a schedule for renewals, reporting and provisions of all required environmentally related permits.
- Prepares and maintains the required environmentally related plans and procedures for the facility.
- Prepares reports and documents as required by regulatory agencies and corporate and facility management.
- Prepares and provides environmental related training.
- Serves as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on all environmentally related projects and activities.
- Coordinates and accompanies regulatory personnel during all facility inspections. Coordinate environmental audits of each facility by customers.
- Acts as a liaison with Agency regulators and negotiates for terms favorable to the organization regarding legal agreements, permit conditions, and proposed regulations.
- Responds to significant accidents, incidents, and complaints and provides guidance to operational teams. Prepares and submits all required notifications/reports and participates in management team investigations as needed. .
- Monitors regulatory changes for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Provides guidance to sales, field personnel, and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Performs audits of external facilities to ensure they are properly permitted for use and operating in compliance. .
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Routine travel to facilities.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA required
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or Engineering (preferred)
- 5+ Years of environmental compliance experience
- Knowledge of and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations (required)
- RCRA 40 CFR hazardous waste management knowledge (required)
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Join our team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.