Clean Harbors in Norwell, MA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner to guide the development of products in our Product Management Group! This team Enables Clean Harbors to better serve their customers by embracing SaaS and the Cloud. We operate in an Agile Scrum development environment. The Principal Product Owner (PPO) is one of the projects key stakeholders. The PPO aligns with the Chief Product Officer on a detailed vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the development teams. The PPO is responsible for the product and it’s features from concept to End Of Life.
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. Clean Harbors provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. Clean Harbors will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Works with Stakeholders to understand their business process requirements and assists them with enhancement requests for ServiceNow
- Authors Epics and Stories with detailed acceptance criteria for enhancement requests on ServiceNow that address stakeholder business problems
- Works closely with delivery teams & business analysts to translate business requirements into workable product backlogs
- Partners closely with the Scrum Masters on sprint planning, including prioritizing stories that have the highest business value and are aligned with enterprise standards and business roadmaps.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members, business stakeholders, and leadership.
- Collaborates with teams across the company to resolve issues.
- Understands the enterprise IT processes and works closely with stakeholders to identify appropriate solutions to business problems.
- Determines scope, estimates work effort, and determines duration of development activities.
- Designs solutions to meet business requirements and works in close coordination with architects and delivery leads to drive solutions to production
- Owns and updates the product vision and roadmaps.
- Collaborates with the agile team to prepare the estimates for the user stories within the product backlog.
- Conducts the formal review and acceptance of user stories implemented by the agile team within a sprint.
- Drives the execution of user acceptance testing (UAT) activities with support from business and technology team members.
- Provides daily support to the application / Product platform; including, integrations and administration
- Maintains deep understanding of the ServiceNow platforms’ current and future capabilities.
- Commits to continuous process improvement.
- Participates in team planning and activities for improving skills, knowledge, and quality of work.
- Understands and adheres tothe Mission Statement and Code of Ethics
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree recommended
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experience working as a contributing member on an Agile Scrum based Delivery Team.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize, and communicate project statuses to required parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Ability to communicate technical information in business terms.
- Basic understanding of ITIL and Information Security best practices.
- Able to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solutions for success.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
- Ability to independently plan deliverables and coordinate with team-members.
- Team player - friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful, and committed.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas, collaborating and ultimately, putting team goals first.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Demonstrated documentation experience in creating rich content that explains business requirements – usage of various documentation tools is a must
- Working knowledge of at least five of the following: change management, incident management, request management, releasemanagement, problem management, knowledge management, IT operations management, security operations management, business continuity management, vendor risk management, service level management, and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience with building software products using agile methodologies
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.