The Refinery Operations Manager is responsible to oversee the operations of the used oil re-refining process including associated tank farms, utilities, and wastewater treatment operations. You will ensure health and safety, quality, environment and production goals are meet and manage operating expenditures i.e. catalyst, chemicals.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Helps monitor, manage and report overall production of refinery vs. plan;
- Budget cost for re-refinery process chemicals, catalyst, supplies, utilities;
- Helps manage the selection of hydro treating catalyst;
- Participates in shutdown planning activities, process troubleshooting and optimization, monitoring and analysis of process data;
- Key player in lines of communication between management and the operations group staff;
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, evaluation and development of the department;
- Ensures process operation within safe operating limits, compliance with all regulatory, permit and corporate EH&S requirements and ISO quality standards;
- Oversee and participate in ongoing preparation, revision and approval of SOP's for refinery;
- Manage small to mid-size capital and expense projects;
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree, Chemical / Mechanical Engineering, Preferred;
- 4+ Years’ experience in the petroleum or chemical processing industry;
- Ability to motivate and lead operations group team members;
- Strong technical aptitude with respect to refining operations;
- Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.