Up to a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for qualified candidates
Clean Harbors Henderson, CO is looking for a Mobile Diesel Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance, inspections and repairs on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment at various branch locations and at times provide roadside. Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet DOT specifications at all times and properly fill out company forms (manually and electronically).
Paid Weekly, overtime after 40 hrs.
Working on a wide variety of equipment including but not limited to: Trailers, Pick-ups, Vacuum and Hydrovac Trucks
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- $22-$26 per hr. depending upon experience
- Annual boot allowance, as well as all PPE and uniforms provided
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management;
- Ability to perform thorough inspection of equipment and identify unsatisfactory condition;
- Assures that all equipment is properly secured prior to work/repairs, i.e. chock blocks, and jack stands;
- Travel to other locations to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment as required;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for tracking PM schedules;
- Perform compliance and safety inspections on company equipment and property as required by management;
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections, scheduled PM's and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts & replacement as necessary;
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Coordinate parts for mobile repair unit;
- Maintenance of all general repair equipment, and shop tools;
- Support and assist coworkers as needed during repair;
- Safe Operation of company owned vehicle at all times;
- Filling out and submitting all required documentation electronically in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintain active light duty or DQ driver status as per mobile vehicle.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 4 + years of diesel truck repair experience required;
- Experience working with engines, chassis, drive-line, hydraulic systems, brakes, A/C systems, electronic systems required;
- Valid driver's license required, CDL license preferred;
- Brake Inspector Certification, DOT certified in FHWA Inspections and Air Brakes a requirement;
- Ability to travel within assigned territory (greater than 70% travel required);
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime as required;
- Certifications in related fields preferred (Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Allison, CAT, Eaton Fuller).
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.