Location: Long Beach, CA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2022
Category: Equipment Operator
Job ID: 81482
The Centrifuge Operator is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HydroChemPSC projects
requiring a Centrifuge for dewatering applications.
* High school diploma / GED or equivalent experience.
Skills and experience:
* Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
* Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
* Valid driver license and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
* Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
* May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
* Responsible for safety policies and procedures of both the company and the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, emergency response and administrative functions.
* Hands-on operation of Centrifuge performance to meet customer expectations
* Operation of special equipment, such as air diaphram and positive displacement pumps.
* Operate equipment according to procedures and safe practices
* Required knowledge of maximum Centrifuge feed capacities
* Required knowledge of conditioning Centrifuge feed stock such as polymer injection and various chemical additives
* Perform routine maintenance on company equipment being used on the job.
* Additional duties as assigned Working Environment:
* Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.