Safety-Kleen Davenport, IA is looking for a Branch Manager to join their safety conscious team! This team member is responsible for the successful execution and profitability for the overall operations of their assigned branch office. This includes ensuring the safe, cost effective and efficient day-to-day management of branch operations. As well as providing direction, growth and ensuring the success of the Product Line, the Company overall, and its Employees.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Direct and optimize overall operations in the assigned geographic area;
- Ensure the communication of all required report information is provided to all pertinent departments;
- Review operational reports with attention to operational problems, customer concerns, and regulatory compliance and safety issues, and provide operational input;
- Monitor overall branch performance with special attention to safety and environmental issues, providing solutions to problems that repeatedly affect branch performance or could lead to future issues;
- Provide overall leadership and direction while maintain a secure environment and a respectful, team-oriented workplace;
- Ensure employees are operating in accordance with company goals, objectives and core values by monitoring and reinforcing employee compliance with Company Policies & Procedures as well as government and industry regulations;
- Ensure staff are following safe work practices, and are completing job duties efficiently, providing adequate support;
- Conduct periodic field visits to inspect the equipment and working environment;
- Work closely with District Manager to monitor safety statistics and ensure compliance with reporting procedures regarding accidents/incidents reporting, and reviewing important documents submitted;
- Aggressively market the Company services and seek growth opportunities in addition to maintaining collaborative and profitable relationships with customer organizations;
- Prepare annual budget, based on market projections, needs for refurbishments, capital expenditures and fleet additions including the enforcement of cost controls and general efficiencies to ensure achievement of financial targets and profit margins while monitoring of all repair and maintenance costs and taking corrective actions when required, planning, organizing, directing and controlling all major maintenance to provide AFE’s to maintain budget guidelines;
- Monitor on-going updates of equipment, parts inventories, and general purchasing process ensuring quality and cost effectiveness while being 100% compliant with regulated certification requirements for equipment and personnel training;
- Perform annual Performance Reviews of all staff under your management and participate in the evaluation and development of niche markets to enhance profitability;
- Identify and communicate potential growth opportunities for the company to the Operations Team;
- Direct weekly meetings to ensure effective dissemination of information and tasks to applicable departments and employees;
- Participate in the preparation of annual recommendations for field and office staff with regards to compensation recommendations, training, and bonuses;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- 5+ Years overall experience required;
- Industry knowledge and experience (oil & gas and/or oilfield services);
- Established networks and recognition within the industry;
- Experience creating and understanding budgets including analysis and creation;
- Technical knowledge, specific to the product line service offering;
- Familiarity with all service offerings within the company;
- Knowledge of various locations and markets where company has operations, as well as the ability to promote the services Peak provide;
- Excellent computer skills with applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Superior written, verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to maintain effective professional relationships while leading/mentoring in a team atmosphere;
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.