Clean Harbors Calgary, AB is looking for a Director of Health & Safety, Oil & Gas to join their safety conscious team! The Director of Health & Safety is responsible to manage a team of Health and Safety professionals who conduct the day to day safety activities at assigned locations and offices, including serving as senior mentors and technical experts to staff, working closely with senior management to evaluate health and safety risks, and developing health and safety programs to continuously improve safety performance.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development within all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes, acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Direct and distribute H&S resources to best support the needs of the operating units while meeting the intent of the Corporate Standards as applicable;
- Create/assist in the preparation of Safe Work Execution and project plans that include site specific KPI targets;
- Monitor the performance of the above plans and amend as required to ensure KPI targets are met;
- Collaborate with other H&S leaders to utilize H&S resources regionally to support various other lines of business;
- Create and execute H&S project plans for multiple projects across North America
- Mentor and counsel direct reports in carrying out their daily duties;
- Serve as technical resource where subject matter expertise exists, and research how best to provide technical expertise when necessary.
- Establish new and revamp existing programs and policies to continuously improve safety performance;
- Manage incident reporting and follow-up programs including the analysis of trends;
- Design and periodically conduct site health and safety audits and inspections;
- Interact with regulatory officials on a regular basis;
- Represent the corporation in safety related meetings with clients;
- Daily interaction with Senior Managers to ensure H&S issues are incorporated into planning;
- Develop air monitoring and exposure assessment programs;
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports for Operations along with feedback on corrective actions;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety;
- 10+ years of progressive Health & Safety management responsibilities;
- 5+ years of proven leadership/managing direct reports experience is required;
- Related Professional Certification an asset (e.g. CRSP);
- Geophysical exploration, geotechnical drilling, and oil well drilling solids control experience are strongly preferred;
- Project planning, development, and leadership skills a necessity;
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects;
- Extensive knowledge of H&S management systems and their implementation within a field setting,
- Proven advanced auditor skills and certification(s) are essential
- Ability to independently assess the functional performance of a safety management system, develop and assist in the implementation of gap closure plans;
- Ability to understand process flow and process improvement is an asset;
- Track record of thriving while providing multi-business line / regional support, functioning cross jurisdictionally in North America;
- Excellent knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and US (OSHA) health and safety regulations;
- Strong time management, written/verbal communication, and digital technology skills;
- Ability to travel 25%+ (25% of travel will be overnight travel and the rest will be day travel)
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.