Clean Harbors Edmonton, AB is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for conducting the day to day safety activities at assigned locations and offices, including serving as mentors and technical experts to staff, working closely with senior management to evaluate health and safety risks, and developing health and safety programs to continuously improve safety performance.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development within all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes, acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Primary Daylighting Business Partner & Branch supporter to Operational Leaders
- Collaborate & Influence H&S resources to best support the needs of the operating units while meeting the intent of the Corporate Standards as applicable;
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports to focus Operational improvement actions;
- Manage incident reporting and follow-up programs including the analysis of trends;
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures. Conducts periodic health and safety field/site audits and inspections along with management systems audits
- Advise on OHS technical matters and applicable requirements
- Support Operations, Safety Meetings, Health & Safety Committee(s) and other teams
- Assist in program development and continuous improvement. Lead initiatives as required
- Advise and represent Company as required
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety;
- 5+ years of progressive Health & Safety management and line of business partnership responsibilities;
- 8+ years of proven field-based health and safety support experience.
- Specialty Industrial Cleaning, Hazardous Waste Management, Daylighting & other industrial/environmental services experience are strongly preferred;
- Related Professional Certification an asset (e.g. NCSO, CRSP, ROH);
- Project planning, development, and leadership skills a necessity;
- Proven KPI and technical ability to manage multiple concurrent projects;
- Strong knowledge of H&S management systems, their implementation & improvement within a field setting,
- Proven auditor skills and certification(s) are an asset
- Track record of thriving while providing multi-business line / regional field support, functioning cross jurisdictionally in Canada;
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and Provincial health and safety regulations;
- Strong time management, written/verbal communication, and digital technology skills;
- Ability to travel 25%+ (25% of travel will be overnight travel and the rest will be day travel)
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.