HydroChemPSC is looking for a Radiation Safety Officer to join their safety conscious team. Safely operates all necessary equipment for service line and completes appropriate paperwork in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures. Performs Radiation Safety Officer responsibilities in compliance with company policy and regulations.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Performs Radiation testing on and off client site.
- Ships and receives items and ensures compliance with NORM regulations
- Completes NORM surveys
- Practices safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines.
- Operates a variety of mechanical and manual servicing equipment for industrial services in compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Provides industrial services using appropriate techniques including handwork or manual work in accordance with established methods and applicable regulations
- Manually cleans, installs, fits and torch cut all external and internal equipment on projects
- Operates all necessary cleaning equipment such as high pressure pumps in accordance with policies and procedures
- May assist in training less experienced employees
- Maintains good housekeeping and cleanliness in work area
- Performs work based on customer’s specifications and in accordance with regulations
- Completes all applicable paperwork
- Reports complaints, rejects or safety issues to shift supervisor
- Checks equipment at the start of each shift
- Performs maintenance when required
- Provides oversight to respective field crews on a daily basis.
- Provides respective crews with information regarding ongoing changes in Federal, State, Local, company, and Client standards for NORM operations.
- Ensures all Permitting processes are completed and appropriate for the task, prior to task commencement.
- Performs other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Valid driver's license
- Two years of progressively responsible related experience
- Excellent working knowledge of sampling equipment and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and comprehending English
- Ability to conform to work hours
- Perform strenuous physical work in extreme conditions
- Radiation Safety Officer Certificate (required)
- High School diploma.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.