Clean Harbors/Hydrochem Morris. IL is looking for a Industrial Field Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! The Industrial Services Field Supervisor is responsible to direct and supervise the activities of all assigned personnel in the field and to ensure materials and equipment are organized to meet the job requirements, including being responsible for customer relations and interactions on the assigned jobs.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensure employees are trained in all SOP’s and safety procedures and they are in compliance in the field at all times.
- Conduct field evaluations for employees and forward to operations or dept coordinators for final evaluation.
- Maintain excellent customer relations and contact during pre-job, during job, and post job including obtaining job specific instruction, feedback on progress and satisfaction, determining and responding to any changes to scope or direction from customer, obtaining feedback on satisfaction or further work identified, and up selling the process with customer throughout customer contact.
- Maintain constant communication with dispatch and operations or dept. coordinators, keeping them informed of job progress and estimated time frames when manpower and equipment will be released.
- Ensure job preparation is complete, including attending communication meetings with the customer and with the manpower assigned to the job, organizing and controlling the distribution of materials required for the job, and identifying and communicating specific direction required related to the job.
- Ensure post job requirements are met including decontamination of equipment, inspection of equipment, and communicating to dispatch when equipment will be released back to the fleet.
- Ensure job permits are obtained for each job in a timely manner according to the permit procedures for that customer.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in environmental field service operations.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of scoping and pricing field service work.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Ability to understand issues and resolve/address strategically
- Understanding of Corporate Safety & Compliance Policies
- Basic understanding of Clean Harbors business systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations
- Strong customer management, leadership and supervisory skills
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.