The Chemical Sales Development Specialist (Clean Pack Specialist) is responsible to grow the Clean Pack and T&D business within an assigned territory by working in conjunction with the Regional Sales and Operations personnel to develop and execute a sustainable business plan. This position will cover a territory including Cincinnati, OH, Kentucky, and the area surrounding Poca, WV. Our sales specialist will travel overnight approximately 1-2 nights per week as needed.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- $65-$70K/year based on experience and education
- Quarterly bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Meet or exceed established revenue goals for the region, and assist business units with net income objectives through active participation in business development and operational meetings
- Generating new business by aggressively prospecting within assigned territory/region
- Scoping jobs and developing quotations in conjunction with other internal departments for CleanPack and T&D opportunities; must follow through on all quotations until won or lost, and plan/execute projects when won
- Act as a liaison between sales and operations, bridging the gap between how the job was sold and how the job should be executed
- Perform weekly reviews of accounts receivable reports and make collection calls when necessary
- Record, in detail, all customer visits, opportunities and communication by documentation in BEACON
- Develop work order information for jobs they sold and clearly communicate job needs to the Clean Pack or Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure current contracts and purchase orders are in place prior to job execution
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager when Clean Pack opportunities exist or may exist in the future
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or Business Management preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (3) years’ experience required
- RCRA experience preferred
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations, business development, revenue enhancement, market penetration and operations required
- Chemistry experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, presentation and negotiating skills
- Customer Service orientated
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.