Clean Harbors in Romulus, MI is looking for a Industrial Services Project Manager to join their safety conscious team! The major function of this position is to logistically multi-task; specifically, as it relates to employee selection, planning, organizing and scheduling. This team member will communicate with site operations managers to ensure we have a clear priority, scope and communicated understanding of the required work as well as the resources required and committed for execution of the specific work scope.
WORK LOCATION: Romulus, MI
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT!!!!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan operations to optimize facility efficiency, operation work force utilization, materials, supplies, equipment, and tools, including tracking productivity for labor and material costs
- Receives incoming job requests from clients and personnel;
- Obtains necessary information to organize servicing of the job to meet or exceed expectations; both conveyed and unspoken;
- Ensure that all inspections (e.g. CVIP, Tank, Picker) are performed by due dates in order to comply with Company requirements and policies
- Ensure compliance to job specifications, including seeing that immediate corrective action is taken.
- Make job assignments and provide guidance and supervision to all employees assigned to the project.
- Assure that everyone assigned to a job is properly trained and equipped, and ensure materials and supplies needed to do the job are ready and available, including implementing and maintaining a level of cross training so effective functional backups can guarantee continuous service operation at all times
- Responsible for the teamwork and active cooperation among the operators, laborers and shop personnel, and with other employees of the company.
- Maintains all forms of communications with personnel in remote locations to respond to service and equipment problems, emergencies, etc.;
- Determines types and quantities of material and equipment needed from appropriate resources;
- Monitors and communicates needs to appropriate district personnel to ensure adequate supply is available; Selects appropriate personnel to operate equipment in a professional manner, taking into consideration DOT logs, days off schedule, time distribution, etc;
- Initiates and completes all service related paperwork to comply with HydroChem, State and Federal regulations;
- Effectively organizes, on short notice, frequent changes in service jobs pending or in progress;
- Communicates regularly with Clean Harbors Operations Manager to ensure job priorities are clear, job quality is acceptable and to resolve any conflicts concerning personnel/equipment resource available;
- Immediately notifies the Clean Harbors Operations Manager of any problems or concerns;
- Interacts with vendors as necessary or directed;
- Actively participates in safety meeting;
- Additional duties as assigned;
- Provides waste tracking reports as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent (required);
- 5+ years Industrial Cleaning Supervisory experience;
- 2+ years of dispatch/logistics experience;
- Familiarity of operating equipment used in industrial cleaning;
- Knowledge of Clean Harbors policies, procedures and protocols
- Excellent planning/scheduling skills including preparation and communication of all job related documentation including but no limited to JSA, Tailgate Safety meeting, permits, variances, heat stress and water logs plus all such other and further site specific paperwork;
- Knowledge of records management including personnel, equipment, purchasing and billing;
- Possess excellent communication and human relations skills;
- Ability to interact with customer in a professional manner;
- Excellent problem solving/relationship building skills;
- Computer savvy.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.