Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources - Facilities Operations acts as the strategic HR partner to their regional operations leaders. The Director of HR leads a variety of dedicated HR teams including HR business partners, Recruiting and Onboarding. The Director of HR with the support of their regional operations leaders, will provide specialized coaching, support and influence to the strategic and operational support of the business. This individual will also provide both transformational advice and transactional support on change management initiatives related to the workforce.
Position can sit anywhere within the United States.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Oversees the development and execution of people strategies that align and support the overall business strategy;
- Strategically works with business leaders to develop and deploy effective workforce planning, talent acquisition and employee development initiatives to meet future business needs;
- In partnership with Line of Business (LOB) Leaders, identifies and prioritizes the needs of the business units related to the HR Centers of Excellence (i.e.: Comp, Benefits, Recruiting, Development);
- Leads and develops a team of Human Resources Business Partners, Recruiting and Onboarding;
- Acts as a point of escalation for complex employee relations issues;
- Ensures effective, thorough and objective investigations;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees;
- Originates and leads programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction;
- Trains managers/employees on company policies/procedures and other organizational development training programs;
- Helps administer union agreements for assigned unions and organizations, where applicable, and may represent the company in union negotiations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum 10-years of progressive HR experience in a complex business environment;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Field Service, Industrial, Environmental, Construction or Energy industry preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of professional Human Resources experience providing consultative and strategic support to organizational leaders on a broad range of human resource issues;
- Minimum 3-5 years in a Management role preferred;
- Previous experience in Labor Relations including union negotiation experience is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within the organization by leveraging strong working relationships built on trust;
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation and public speaking skills;
- The successful candidate must have the ability to travel a minimum of 30% or as business demands require.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.