Clean Harbors is looking for a Facility General Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Facility General Manager has direct responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing. This facility treats and prepares the disposal of waste.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue. Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, firing, and performance appraisals. Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker’s compensation regulations and laws.
- Manages to facility to the clean compliance standards and measure against the CCP KPI’s.
- Recommends merit increases and promotions of facility personnel.
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing. Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping.
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Health & Safety protocol and Standard Operating Procedures. Continuously works closely with the safety department to enhance and improve safety within facility as a top priority. Co-chairs Facility Health & Safety meetings.
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Compliance protocol and Standard Operation Procedures. Maintains the facility in compliance with Part B RCRA permit, or equivalent. Continuously works with the Facility Compliance Manager to assure continued compliance with all corporate and regulatory protocol.
- Manages and assures accurate and timely analytical, final coding, and billing of lab pack, drum, bulk solid, and bulk liquid materials.
- Works closely with National Logistics to coordinate and assure proper outbound management of waste materials from disposal facilities.
- Reviews and approves all purchasing for the facility.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of plant operations experience preferred;
- 3+ years of management experience;
- Chemistry experience or chemical background required;
- Experience working in the environmental industry required;
- Good organization skills and initiative;
- Leadership skills;
- Computer skills and knowledge of CHI systems preferred;
- Some maintenance experience in mechanical and electrical preferred;
- Ability to work weekends as needed;
- Project Management experience in engineering preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.