Want to work for North America's leading provider of comprehensive environmental, energy and industrial services? Our strategy is to develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with a diversified group of customers who have recurring needs for environmental, energy, or industrial services.
Clean Harbors is searching for a dynamic and collaborative Vice President, Learning & Development. The VP of Learning & Development oversees the talent development, learning and leadership development programs that enable Clean Harbors to identify, develop, and retain the strong and diverse talent needed for our future success. The VP works closely with the CHRO to set the organization’s learning and development strategies. The position is responsible for designing and building core talent and learning programs, working with the HR Leaders, VP of Talent Management, and VP of Total Rewards to ensure that programs both meet the needs of the business and run effectively. As a member of the Human Resources Leadership team, contributes to the development and execution of the Human Resources Strategic Plan. The VP, Learning & Development will possess a strong knowledge of training management systems and help leverage the LMS to increase human capital and workforce capability.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Learning & Development
- Leads the development and execution of a learning & development strategy and programs to build core capabilities across the lines of business that drive performance in alignment with our corporate strategy;
- Collaborates with leaders and team members and works closely with HR leaders to define our critical organizational capability requirements;
- Develops and executes a multi-year learning and development roadmap, which aligns global and regional programs, to support the development of team members across different functions and disciplines;
- Oversees the development, where appropriate of blended and scalable learning and training solutions, evaluating both face-to-face, virtual, and digital solutions for delivery to a large audience throughout the organization (including management of external vendors, where appropriate);
- Collaborates with leaders and HR Business Partners to develop a global competency framework that is integrated into a broader learning and development strategy;
- Maintains and communicates information around current market trends for consideration around program design and delivery;
- Establishes standardized methods and procedures for delivery, evaluation, measurement and reporting.
- Leads the development of succession management and the organizational leadership development strategy in consultation with CHRO and HR Leadership Team;
- Works in collaboration with the organization’s leaders to ensure strategic alignment of leadership development activities with our corporate strategy;
- Leads the design and delivery of a cohesive set of leadership development activities that contribute to the attraction, retention and development of leaders and employees at all levels (including management of external vendors, where appropriate);
- Monitors return on investment with regards to learning strategy and strives for continuous improvement.
Talent, Succession & Performance Management
- Responsible for leading Corporate HR function with strong focus on supporting senior leadership team with organizational design, succession planning and change management initiatives;
- Leads the design and delivery of the talent and succession management processes and practices required to attract, select, retain, motivate and develop the people critical for organizational success/effectiveness. This includes the organizational performance management program;
- Ensures an integrated talent development approach;
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team and the HR Leaders to understand the existing leadership pipeline, talent gaps, and align strategies to address critical capabilities and develop integrated talent strategies in support of senior level searches;
- Ensure these strategies are fully integrated across the delivery of HR programs and initiatives within Clean Harbors;
- Partner to input into the design of appropriate culture and engagement surveys, to monitor the effectiveness of learning and talent development programs to identify strengths and weaknesses. Work with HR leaders to support improvement plans and interventions where opportunities have been identified.
- Post-secondary education focusing in Human Resources, Leadership/OD or business or a related area;
- Master’s degree in leadership or related discipline would be an asset;
- Experience working in a multi-unit service-based organization would be an asset;
- 10+ years working experience within Human Resources with a focus on learning and development, leadership, performance management, organizational effectiveness, and workforce planning;
- Previous experience in a Human Resources Business Partner role or a Corporate HR leadership role required;
- Deep experience of adult learning, human motivation, leadership development, workforce planning, and engagement principles;
- Experience introducing and integrating Diversity and Inclusion best practices;
- Ability to partner and communicate with all levels of business;
- Ability to multi-task and manage service providers;
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to mentor and influence effectively in many cases without direct authority;
- Strong networking ability – both internally and externally.
Key skills needed:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Detail oriented and able to hold constructive meetings;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Self-starter and results oriented;
- Research skills, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.