Clean Harbors is looking for a Law Clerk to join our team. The law clerk works in a support capacity and performs a wide range of duties related to the disposition of particular matters. Practice area will involve civil/commercial litigation, regulatory and employment/labor law.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- High level of interaction (i.e. speaking on the phone) with the employees in the field, customers, Courts, opposing counsel, outside counsel, and third parties
- Conserve in-house counsel’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating telecommunications
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with outside entities and individuals
- Legal department administrative duties, including but not limited to paper and electronic file organization/maintenance, scanning, copying and binder creation
- Assist attorneys with litigation and pre-litigation matters
- Support the legal department with other projects as requested
- Actively manage your own case load
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must be a juris doctor candidate.
- Fluent in the written and spoken English language and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to draft legal research summaries and other legal documents which are clear, concise, logically constructed, and based on thorough analysis and sound reasoning.
- High level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to think creatively – be proactive in conflict resolution and think outside the box to collaborate and find new solutions.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex and fast-paced inter-disciplinary legal environment, entailing timely collection of facts, identification and resolution of issues, enumeration of options, and formulation of recommendations.
- Some litigation and/or employment experience preferred, but not required.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.