Entry Level Environmental Technician - McPherson, KS
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wichita, KS, United States
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2022
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 80549
Clean Harbors McPherson, KS has an immdeiaite opening for an Entry Level Environmental Technician to work at a position in McPherson, KS. The Environmental Technician will work at a local customer site; and is responsible for assisting with waste management within customer site. Additional responsibilities include the inventory, profiling, scheduling, and shipping of materials and waste products. Our Environmental Technician position is an entry point into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. This position is known internally as a Insite Chemist.
*THIS POSITION/CUSTOMER LOCATION IS IN MCPHERSON, KS*
***This is a great opportunity to start a new career - Entry Level Position (willing to train)***
**College Degree in "The Sciences" a plus**
*NOT A LAB BASED POSITION*
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares computer-generated profiles for materials as well as material inventory;
- Responsible for helping build drum loads and ship out to the disposal sites/incinerator;
- Drum movement to appropriate areas for shipping;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of Environmental waste experience or College Degree a plus;
- Valid Drivers License;
- Forklift training a plus but not necessary;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Basic computer skills.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam and/or a driving history review. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.