Up to a $7,500 Sign-On Bonus for qualified candidates
Clean Harbors Elgin, IL is looking for a Refurbishment Truck Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! The Refurbishment Truck Mechanic are primarily responsible for rebuilding and refurbishing our fleet of Tank Trucks. Daily tasks include installing items such as PTO’s, Vacuum Pumps, Hydraulic Systems, and Electrical Systems regularly.
Work in our state-of-the-art facility rebuilding Heavy-Duty Diesel Tank Trucks
1st shift, Monday-Friday, overtime after 40 hrs.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Working in a team environment to build and refurbish assets for the Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen Organization;
- Participate in Safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conducts daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company specific policies;
- Perform refurbishment related mechanical activities such as working with electrical/wiring and hydraulics;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists electronically;
- Move company equipment safely in yard and shop as needed;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times as per office expectations, reporting all hazards and near misses as appropriate;
- Repair, rebuild and install equipment/vehicles such as Drive Shafts, PTO’s and Vacuum Pumps, Hydraulic Systems and Electrical Systems;
- Enter time and materials into an electronic work order system.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1-3 years’ experience working as a Tank Truck, Heavy Equipment or Fleet Mechanic, in a shop environment;
- Previous equipment/vehicle refurbishment, and/or hydraulic/electric experience is an asset;
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to use web-based software and vehicle diagnostic systems;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to be a team player and take ownership and pride in this facility!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.