Our South Plainfield, NJ location is looking for a Traveling Mobile Welder/Container Mechanic. As a Traveling Welder/Container Mechanic you will be responsible for inspecting, fabricating, cutting, welding, patching tarps or replacing tarps on the containers at Clean Harbors locations and our customer locations such as refineries. This position will require logging all the necessary entries of time and materials into an electronic repair order system. The company will provide welding equipment and service truck. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel overnight in the Midwest for two weeks at a time.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, with opportunity for overtime!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform compliance and safety inspections; correct equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment.
- Perform welding, cutting, grinding, mechanical repair, and all other metal working techniques consistent with the container repair trade.
- Maintain established shop housekeeping and building maintenance obligations as well as welding systems, general repair equipment, and shop tools.
- Perform surface preparation of equipment prior to painting; apply paint or similar coatings using hvlp, airless, or manual tooling and processes.
- Perform fabrication, cutting, and welding on roll off containers
- Produce quality product while focusing on given standards
- Log all necessary entries of time and materials into electronic repair order system
- Ensure the company truck is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times
- Performs other welding duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- Maintain driver logs daily
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of welding (MIG & Stick) and mechanical experience in a fabrication/repair shop environment;
- Experience performing flat welding with steel preferred;
- Successful completion of Structural Welding test;
- Welding Certification is considered an asset;
- Ability and willingness to wear a respirator, must be clean shaven;
- Ability to travel overnight 2 weeks at a time (then home one week) is required;
- Valid driver's license and clean 3-year driving record are required.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.